“Travel has a way of stretching the mind. The stretch comes not from travel’s immediate rewards, the inevitable myriad new sights, smells and sounds, but with experiencing firsthand how others do differently what we believed to be the right and only way.” – Ralph Crenshaw
The decision to quit our comfortable lives in San Francisco wasn’t hard, but it wasn’t easy. We are lucky to receive unwavering support from our family, friends, colleagues, other travelers and bloggers. A few quotes and videos that have inspired us to take on the world over the next year:
- “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” – Saint Augustine
- “In the end it’s not the years in your life that count, it’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Life is either a daring adventure of nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
- “Buy the ticket. Take the ride.” – Hunter S. Thompson
- “You only live once but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
- “Do one thing everyday that scares you.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- Move. Eat. Learn: 3 guys, 44 days, 11 countries, 18 flights, 38 thousand miles, an exploding volcano, 2 cameras and almost a terabyte of footage = a trip of a lifetime.
What inspires you?